Tuesday 6 September 2011

The naughty VFF Bikila

During my last 5k race one of my beloved silver/green Bikilas started to disintegrate... The rubber sole is starting to come off the EVA arch yoke (not sure does it actually have a name...). I spotted it after the race. Not sure if it was due to the amount of water on the course - we were pretty much constantly running through puddles. When I took the shoes off I saw an approximately 3 cm long gap under the left shoe. I was not happy...to say the least. Cian helped me to do some research on the interweb to find out how to best deal with the issue at hand as I was not prepared to give up my Bikilas because of that. And we found an answer: SHOE GOO! :)

I tried to buy it in skate shops in Germany and in Ireland, but they only had the black goo in stock, and - call me particular or not - I didn't want black goo between the white arch thingy and the grey sole. So in the end I ordered the clear goo on Amazon. It has been dispatched today and I can't wait to receive it and fix my running babies.

Getting alcohol and clamps ready so I can start the operation as soon as the goo arrives. (I think you're supposed to keep the clamps on for 24 hours to make sure the goo cures properly.)

Has anybody got any experience with the use of shoe goo and/or fixing VFF's that have come apart?

I hope the operation will be successful and I will be able to keep running in my Bikilas for a long time yet.

Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment