Saturday 5 November 2011

Some sunshine at last!!!!

Today was one of the very few dry days we had in nearly the last 2 months. So I took the opportunity to test the camera on my new phone while I was out walking with Cara.

Check this out...it's sunny but there's still a rainbow...

It was cold but sunny, the air felt really fresh, crisp and clean. I love this about the place I live in. Unfortunately, we have a lot of bad weather, which makes living out in the country a bit miserable at times. In good weather this feels like the nicest place in the world though.

Happy out

So I set off with Cara anyway, meant to just walk up the road a bit and back but ended up doing the full 6k loop I normally run. I wore my silver/green VFF Bikilas, but no running gear as I didn't plan to do any running. In the end I did the odd bit of jogging to keep my feet warm. I was also pushed by the hills that I normally struggle with and ended up running up most of them.

There, I dropped it, you throw it!

Towards the end of the walk it already started to get dark (that was only just after 4pm...) and as soon as we were out of the sun it was really cold. I'd nearly say if the sky stays clear overnight we might have some ground frost in the morning...brrrrr.

Eh, just one of her habits...she doesn't like to stop at all once she's going.

I hope the good weather will last for a while this time so I can get out and about more to take some more pics (no point taking any photos in the p*****g rain...lol....pouring rain that is... ;o)).



Take care all!

4 comments:

  1. Hihi, das Bild von Cara, wo deine Beine und Füße quasi ihre Ohren sind - das ist süß!
    Bei uns im Pott ist es auch noch erstaunlich warm und trocken für die Jahreszeit. Gut für die VFF! ;-) Ich hab noch Skrupel, die Schuhe dreckig zu machen.
    Menno, wenn ich die Fotos sehe, möchte ich auch einen Hund haben... Nee, um es genau zu sagen, möchte ich eine Cara haben! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, na dann kommt einfach mal wieder vorbei, dann kann Cara waehrend Ihr hier seid Dein Hund sein! :) Wuerde sie ja auch gerne mal nach DE mitbringen, aber waere viel zu umstaendlich.
    Wegen den VFF..das kenn ich, wollte meine am Anfang auch nicht dreckig machen, aber irgendwann kann man dann nicht mehr richtig laufen, wenn man da immer drauf achtet. Hab's am Ende aufgegeben und renn jetzt durch jeden Dreck damit...nass fuehlen die sich fast noch bequemer an (vielleicht bin ich auch nur komisch). Ausserdem werden die auch sehr gut wieder sauber...einmal in die Waschmaschine und nen Tag aufgehaengt, dann sind sie auch wieder trocken...oder wenn Du die nicht in die Waschmaschine tun willst...so Oxi-Clean Pulver tut's auch, einfach ne Weile einweichen lassen, ausspuelen und trocknen lassen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich hab neue Traum-Everyday-VFFs! Die KSO Trek Soft Leather. Yummi!

    http://birthdayshoes.com/hard-to-find-rare-vibram-fivefingers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohoh, aber nur in Maennergroessen?! Nicht gut. Aber hoeren sich sehr bequem an.
    Ich find die Bormio's auch cool. Aber teuer sind die...lol...also erstmal nur traeumen und mal sehen was so naechsten Winter ist.. ;o)

    ReplyDelete