Wednesday 29 June 2011

A VFF Sunday out

Last Sunday Cian and I went into Carrick for a relaxing morning/early afternoon. We took Cara with us to get her more used to people and other dogs. She is very good and normally isn't bothered with other people and dogs at all, but it's good to put her to the test every now and then, as there is not much happening out where we live (extremely rural :)).

KSO feet

 We both wore our VFF KSO's and got some strange looks. But we don't care, we love them and what other people think doesn't matter to us. Some people also thought they were extremely cool. (Yes, we agree!)


Cara on the board walk

It was nice to go for a walk for a change as we normally just hit the shops. We walked along the small "park" and the board walk over the Shannon. I even managed to balance and walk on a little wooden barrier (or fence thing...lol).

This was only possible thanks to my KSO's :)

 Cara was extremely excited and it was hard to calm her down, she was squealing and barking with excitement and had a big smile on her face. We went along the Shannon and saw some wildlife...a dragonfly sunbathing on the stones at the edge of the river and a family of ducks being chased down the river by an evil swan.

The evil swan
and the dragonfly

 We ended up walking to the other side of town, deciding to go for a coffee, or in my case for a smoothie. We sat outside the cafe and people were looking at us and the dog...we must have been some attraction...in fairness, I think it was Cara that made people look as she was constantly begging for attention (and food...). I ended up giving her the last bit of my smoothie, and she really enjoyed it.

Cara finishing off my smoothie

We made our way home shortly after and took Cara for another walk around the countryside here. She had some day!

Having fun

 The day after we took her for another long walk along the canal in Ballinamore. The weather was nice for a change and there were plenty of people out walking. We were wearing VFF's again (I went for my Bikilas this time) and the rough road provided a free foot massage :).

Saw this along the canal...lucky tourists is all I can say.. ;o)

I hope the weather will hold up for a while so we get out a lot more like we did over the last couple of days. Also want to go running again, too. It's been a week and a half since my last run...not good. Also looking for a road running minimalist alternative to VFF's with a wide toe box rather than separate to pockets. Not looking to retire the VFF's at all, but would just like to have something as an alternative. I have Merrell Pace Gloves as well, but I don't really like wearing them on the road and keep them as my trail running shoes. Thinking about a pair of Vivobarefoot, not sure which ones yet. Got a pair of Vivobarefoot Kali's to wear with a dress for a party coming up as I couldn't bear the thought of wearing any sort of shoe with a heel or anything that would be squashing my toes. :)

Take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment