Wednesday 12 October 2011

Decisions made - well, some anyway...

I haven't been writing anything in a while now, so I thought I'd just give a quick update on the decisions I had to make and was pondering over in my last post.

Some of them have still not been fully made, but I'm getting closer to a decision. Especially the business one is a hard one. There are tax implications, a lot of forms to fill in and a lot of other factors to consider as well as getting a website, stationary, business cards etc. This is currently all work in progress.

The running part is on ice for now, even though I have been looking at trails in the area (i.e. less than an hour's drive away) I am not able to run at the moment due to some not so pleasant issue with my fifth metatarsophalangeal (some word!) joint on my right foot. It nearly feels like I have torn some cartilage while doing some barefoot running on the treadmill. Obviously my form still isn't that great...strange though, as I have been running barefoot on the treadmill for a good while now and had no issues initially. Anyway, I will give it some more rest for another week (been resting for a couple of weeks already) and if it's no better then I guess I will go and see a doc, otherwise I will slowly ease into running again, VFF's and trails shall be my chosen tools and ground. Ok, maybe I'll give the pace gloves a run on the trails as well.

Other decisions I have made: The car. I did need a new car, there was no way around that one. Second car I looked at felt perfect for me, so I bought it. It's an estate, so plenty of space for massage gear and fits the table without having to fold down any seats. The dog's cage also fits in well, so no more dog hair or dirt all over the place. Another bonus is the diesel engine, much more economic than my old petrol one, so I'll save some money here as well. And best of all: It's unbelievably comfortable. :)

The phone issue has been sorted as well. Got the new bigger phone with all you can eat data (Thanks 3!) so I can use it as sat nav in the car as well and check emails etc. whenever I want without having to keep an eye on data usage. Slightly more expensive contract, but I envisage to use it a lot more when the business comes together, so hopefully I'll make use then of all the free units that come with it.

That's it for now. Take care all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment